- - Selection is based on merit and is open to girls of Uttarakhand State and a few girls of Sikkim, whose family income is below Rs 8000/- per month.
- - Students studying at Govt. Primary Schools in villages only are eligible for appearing in the Test. They should have secured at least 60% in the previous class to be eligible to appear for the test.
- - Admission is granted in Class 5 only
- - Only girls between the age of 9-11 years are eligible to apply.
- - Only one girl child per family is offered admission to the school.
- - Admission is granted solely upon merit and strict scrutiny of income of the family.
- - An entrance test is held at many centres in different Districts of Uttarakhand.
- - Applicants are tested in English, Maths, Hindi and General Awareness, logic and reasoning.
- - Syllabus is based on the Class 4 syllabus of Govt. primary schools in the State.
- - Information regarding criteria and test dates is sent to all districts and blocks through Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan and Dept. of Education.
- - Registration of students begins in the month of October, but is not a prerequisite to appearing for the test.
- - The registrations are also done on the spot.
- - Syllabus and sample papers for entrance test are available on request.
- - Few seats are reserved for the girls of Sikkim.