Some of the Accomplishments of Girls from the Him Jyoti School
• Vinita Pandey, a girl from a BPL family had beaten students from elite schools including The Doon School, Welham Girls’ School, Dehradun,Vasant Valley School and Shriram School, Delhi winning the title and trophy of Youth L.E.A.D.E.R 2012 at a national level competition organized by GELF (The Global and Leadership Foundation)
• Vinita attended a one week summer camp at the Brown University in U.S.
• Three girls and a teacher from the school went to Victoria College in Belfast (Ireland) in September 2012 on an exchange visit. Earlier, girls from that school had spent two weeks at the Him Jyoti School under an exchange program supported by the British Council.
• Out of 54 girls in different colleges supported by the Him Jyoti Foundation, 5 girls are studying in Lady Shri Ram College; 2 in I P College;16 girls in Government College for Girls, Chandigarh and other girls in colleges in Dehradun and Nainital. 1 girl is pursuing BDS.
• Two of our girls are studying at the Asian University for Women in Chittagong, Bangladesh. The University has exempted their annual fee of 6000 $ each.
• Our girls conducted a Dance Drama ‘The Ganga” at Dehradun and Delhi. The then Governor of Uttarakhand Mrs. Margaret Alva was the Chief Guest and Dr. Sitaram Jindal an eminent Industrialist and Philanthropist was the Guest of Honour. Dr. Jindal gave a cheque for Rs. 25 lakhs for the school on that occasion.
• One of our girls Shalini Rahi studying at Chittagong has been selected to participate in the RYLA (Rotary Youth Leadership Award) organized along with Rotary International Convention at Sydney, Australia in June 2014.
• Girls from our school had participated in District Inter School Sports Events for the schools in Dehradun and Mussorie held on November 3 and 4, 2012. Our girls won three gold medals, five silver medals and one bronze medal. Besides, they won two out of four trophies earmarked for the games. Some of the other schools which participated in the Events are the Welham Girls’ School, Welham Boys’ School, Doon School, St. Georges School, Mussorie.